3am alarm clocks are just plain ungodly. I know because that's what time mine went off today. I rolled out of bed (after appropriately hitting snooze twice) and did the normal "final packing scramble" for my 5:20 flight. Charlie, Jamie's husband, took me to the airport, where reality and emotions about leaving Idaho and the situation in general turned me in to a hot mess for the 4:30am viewing pleasure of everyone at BOI. The 1 hour delay on the runway didn't help but at least they dimmed the lights on the plane.
Why Delta would schedule at flight at 5:20am out of Boise, Idaho in January is beyond me. Turns out de-icing for an hour prior to take off is not as fun as you would imagine. Good news though, the last 3 years have primed me to make a 20 minute connection like a boss.
I landed safely in Milwaukee at 11:30am and was greeted by Michelle (who I mentioned in my previous post). Michelle shared with me her experiences, connected me with doctors at Froedtert Hospital and gave me insight into some of the unknowns. I also had dinner with her and some of her friends with additional experience, insight and encouragement.
Tomorrow (Tuesday the 13th) afternoon I will meet with 2 different surgeons. My hope and prayer is that I will have clarity, direction and most of all peace with the best decision.
This is just a quick update and I will let you know more as I know more.... As always, the fact that you care truly means the world to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment